Saturday 8 March 2014

Elemental Collaberation

A few ladies on reddit's MakeupAddiction and I decided to team up and create something awesome, a few ideas were thrown around (no one liked my Hunger Games 'Capitol Citizen' idea) and we settled on each picking an element and just going with it.

Earth, Water, Air/Wind and Fire

Obviously I'm Earth -

Josephine - junatoren on reddit or juntaoren2 on YouTube - is Water,

AyannahCheckmate1234 on reddit or @checkmate4321 on Instagram - is Air/Wind,

And the GIRL OF FIIIIIIRE (seriously couldn't resist that, sorry) who organised everything is Cat who you can find on her fab blog Style By Cat or @stylebycat on Instagram, or of course on reddit under CatGirl007.

If you want to see the full looks and product lists of all the other girls you can follow the original thread and link on reddit here, otherwise you're just stuck with me...


Honestly though, I'm really not that happy about how Earth turned out - all the other girls had finished theirs weeks ago and I just didn't have a single afternoon to spare between university work and various social events so I had to rush through this, making it up as I went along.

Plus halfway through the heating in my house decided to kick into overdrive, my bedroom window was jammed shut, I'd lost my camera remote and nothing on my face was cooperating. Essentially this lead to:

  • Foundation in my hair
  • Petals poorly placed and rubbing off my eyeshadow
  • Nose contouring completely forgotten
  • Overall poor lipstick application

All of which you can clearly see in the above photo. But, whatever - I'm wearing green lipstick, have purple petals around my eyes and not one, but two floral headdresses!


FACE
  • NARS Oil Free Primer
  • NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Siberia
  • Illamasqua concealer in 105 and 115
  • Illamasqua Cream Pigment in Hollow contour (very lightly)
  • Illamasqua  Cream Pigment in Delirium blush (very lightly)

BROWS
  • Illamasqua Brow Cake in Motto
  • Sugarpill eyeshadow in Bulletproof
  • Mac Fluidline in Blacktrack

EYES
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
  • Sugarpill eye shadows in Buttercupcake, Love+, Poison Plum and Bulletproof
  • UD pencil eyeliner in Perversion
  • Red Cherry eyelashes in #43
  • Duo eyelash glue
  • Cut up fake flower petals

LIPS
  • Illamasqua Apocalips


I'd love to do something like this again, maybe when I have more time!

As always, feel free to comment or email me any questions, comments or secrets...


Saskia X

PrettyTrivialities@gmail.com
@aiksasarual

No comments:

Post a Comment