They also have a great £5/£7/£10 sale going on right now which I have taken advantage of to try more of their products, particularly their vampire pale foundations/concealers (which I will review separately).
Amongst many things I picked up Pristine - a "pure black, matte finish" lipstick for £7, and promptly decided that it was the appropriate thing to wear to the dinner party I was hosting that night.
First things first: it's definitely not matte - or even demi-matte - it felt and wore like a satin lipstick which would be great for those with dry lips but cut down on its wear time massively. Pristine also had good pigmentation - especially considering it's unconventional colour - but did have a slight tendency to feather and smudge (I was not wearing lip liner).
|Illamasqua vs Mac lipstick bullets - my only fault with Illamasqua is their bulky and often impractical packaging|
Overall it was comfortable, opaque with average staying power and a much better black lipstick option than my OCC Lip Tar in Tarred.
I paired it with my usual face and an amped up version of my favourite gold, bronze and black eye makeup (product list below) and slung a gold headpiece on for good measure. My current loves in life are obviously unconventional lip colours, headdresses, stiletto nails and - as always - ugly jumpers.
|Dark Greek Goddess? I don't really know what I was going for here|
- NARS Oil Free Primer
- NARS Sheer Glow in Siberia
- Illamasqua Hollow Cream Pigment Contour
- Illamasqua Delirium Cream Pigment Blush
- NARS Albatross Highlighter
- Illamasqua Concealers in 105 and 115
- Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder
- Illamasqua Brow Cake in Motto
- NARS Smudge-proof Eyeshadow Base
- Stila Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eyeshadow in Comex Gold
- Inglot gold and bronze eyeshadows (from my 10 pan custom palette)
- Sugarpill Bulletprrof eyeshadow
- Laura Mercier Tightlining Cake and Activator
- DollyWink Eyelashes
- Benefit They're Real Mascara
- Illamasqua Pristine
And in case anyone's interested this is what I actually look like the majority of the time:
And this is my most recent manicure (I tried to do an ombre with these colours but I'm terrible at nail art).